Homemade Muesli Recipe
This healthy homemade muesli recipe is perfect for filling you up as a brunch and will keep you going for most of the day until your evening meal
- 1 kg rolled oats
- 100 g walnuts broken into smaller pieces
- 100 g almonds unsalted
- 100 g honey & sesame seed coated peanuts
- 100 g sundried apricots cut into small pieces
- 50 g sultanas
- 50 g dried cranberries
- milk & fresh fruit for each serving
After chopping your apricots and breaking your walnuts into smaller pieces, take all of your ingredients (except the milk and fresh fruit) and mix them together.
Store in a sealed container until you are ready to serve.
To serve, add around 4 dessert spoonfuls of muesli mixture to the bowl.
Pour over enough milk to cover your muesli and then add 1/2 chopped apple.
- Your homemade muesli recipe should make about 18 servings.
- As with all of our recipes, the number of calories per serving is approximate, depending on the size of your serving and the nuts and fruits you choose.
- The fresh fruit and milk is not part of this calorie count.
- If you like your oats in your muesli to be soft, pour over your milk about 30 mins to 1 hour before serving.
- We like to serve our homemade muesli with a firm fresh fruit, such as a chopped sweet apple, mixed in just before eating.