Egg Muffin Recipe
This egg muffin recipe is quick & easy and makes a great weekend breakfast or brunch, especially if you have visitors.
- 12 medium free-range eggs beaten
- 1 medium onion peeled & finely chopped
- 1 medium green capsicum pepper seeds removed, finely chopped
- 50 g Izmir tulum cheese chopped into small cubes
- 50 g salami or sucuk chopped into small cubes
- chilli flakes to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- butter or sunflower oil for greasing your muffin tin
Preheat your over to 180 degrees centigrade (gas mark 4).
With a pastry brush or kitchen towel, liberally grease each hole of your muffin tin with the oil or butter.
Except for your eggs, add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix them together.
Put roughly 2 tsp of mixture into each section of the muffin tin.
Now pour the beaten egg mixture over the ingredients being careful not to fill the muffin sections right to the top.
Place your egg muffins into the middle of your preheated oven for around 30 minutes.
When cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes before easing your egg muffins from the tin and serving.
- This egg muffin recipe is just a demonstration that you can use up leftovers in your fridge.
- There are no exact measurements - these are just a guide. You can experiment and alter them to your own taste.
- You might have noticed we used 8 eggs to make egg muffins but our recipe says 12 eggs. That's because the eggs we buy in Fethiye are particularly big.
- The cheese can be any cheese you like but preferably one that melts easily.