Shepherd's Salad Recipe (Turkish - Çoban Salatası)
This super tasty and healthy salad is also known as choban salad - from its Turkish name, çoban salatası.
For The Salad
- 1 medium-sized onion peeled & finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber washed, seeds removed & finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper or two finger peppers, seeded & finely chopped
- 1 large tomato seeded & finely chopped
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 small handful parsley chopped
- small handful mint chopped
For The Dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp apple vinegar
- salt & pepper to season
First of all, sprinkle the sumac over your chopped onion, give it a squeeze and add to a small mixing bowl.
Now add your cucumber, peppers and tomato. Mix gently.
Time for the parsley and mint. Mix those, too.
Add your dressing ingredients to a ramekin dish or similar and mix before pouring over your shepherd's salad.
If you're entertaining, transfer your shepherd salad to a clean serving bowl.
- As with all of our recipes, calorie count is a rough guide for our shepherd's salad. The amount of dressing you use will affect the calories.
- Shepherd's salad is also sometimes called choban salad because of its Turkish name, çoban salatası.
- We add mint leaves and the apple vinegar as an extra just for personal taste. Feel free to leave these out.