Turkish Broccoli Salad Recipe (Brokoli Salatası)
This Turkish broccoli salad recipe is simple & healthy but, most of all, it tastes fantastic! Serve as a side or serve as part of your meze table.
- 1 head of broccoli approx 400g
- 1 clove garlic peeled & finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 dessert spoonful pomegranate molasses or juice of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper to season
For The Broccoli
Remove the thick stem from your broccoli and cut the florets into large, bite-sized pieces, leaving the stems.
Bring a deep saucepan of water to the boil and plunge the florets into the water.
Boil for no more than 5 minutes - remove as the florets just begin to soften and take on a bright green colour.
Remove from the heat and pour into your colander.
Now pour cold water over them so that the broccoli doesn't continue to cook and lose its colour.
For The Dressing
Add your olive oil, garlic, pomegranate molasses (or lemon juice), salt and pepper to a ramekin dish.
Stir vigorously until everything is mixed and your ingredients are no longer separated.
Arrange your broccoli florets onto a serving dish.
Drizzle your dressing over your florets.
Leave at room temperature and allow your dressing to absorb into the florets for around 20 minutes.
Serve your Turkish broccoli salad either as a side to a main meal or a separate meze dish.
- Calories in our Turkish broccoli salad are approximate and are based on 1 serving of 4.
- If you don't have pomegranate molasses (nar ekşisi), fresh lemon juice is a good substitute.
- Turkish broccoli salad can also be served with a yoghurt dressing.