Figs With Blue Cheese, Walnuts & Pastırma
This savoury fig recipe involves no cooking. It's served as a platter to share; perfect for a late summer lunch
- 10 fresh figs washed and halved
- 100 grams blue cheese
- 10 slices pastırma or prosciutto
- 1 handful walnuts roughly broken
- 1 tablespoon nar ekşisi
Arrange your halved figs over a large plate with the fruity side facing upwards.
Now take your blue cheese and walnuts and crumble them over the top of your figs.
Take your slices of pastırma and arrange them around the perimeter of your plate.
Now drizzle your nar ekşisi (pomegranate syrup) over the top of your figs and blue cheese.
Before serving, leave your platter to rest for around 10 minutes to allow your nar ekşisi to soak into the figs.
- As with all of our recipes, the calories count for figs with blue cheese, walnuts and pastırma is approximate.
- This is a cold platter designed to share. And, although we have done it based on two people sharing, you could have it on your table as part of a larger spread so more people can enjoy it.
- Feel free to play around with quantities. These are just the rough ones we used for our recipe.