It’s the weekend so it’s time to switch the focus over to Turkish food once more. Last week was my birthday, so we decided to go out for a long lunch at Cafe Cafe in the centre of Fethiye.
We’ve written about Cafe Cafe a couple of times in the past. It featured in our cosy Fires of Fethiye post and we’ve also written about how the cafe marked a bit of a social shift in Fethiye, attracting bankers and office staff for working lunches. It was also a pioneer in serving speciality coffees (no nescoffee served here), sparking Fethiye’s trend in ‘coffee and cake’ and waffles topped with ice cream.
It’s a long time since we’ve eaten at Cafe Cafe and it was a happy return. There’s always the worry that the food won’t be as good as you remember but certainly for the köfte and the seafood casserole, we didn’t need to worry at all. We’re looking forward to eating there again, which will no doubt be quite soon as friends from the UK start to descend on Fethiye for summer. Of course, we’ll be in Cafe Cafe before that; it’s our weekend pre-Deep Blue stop off!
- Cafe Cafe is on Çarşı 95 Sokak in the centre of Fethiye. (View location on our map)
- It’s open daily until around midnight in summer (sometimes earlier in winter, depending when the last customer leaves)
- The cafe serves Segafredo coffee and has a full coffee menu, including iced coffees, and a full bar.
- As well as cakes, waffles and traditional Turkish dishes, there are international dishes, sandwiches, salads and pastas available. It’s a mid-priced place – not cheap lokanta prices but not restaurant prices, either.
- Cafe Cafe is on our Fethiye Eating and Drinking page.